Employee Assistance Program
Life happens; we can help
You are not alone. The demands and pressures of life can cause everyone to experience problems from time to time. Some issues can be solved alone; others require help. Personal problems can affect emotional well-being, job performance, home life and health. The WellSpan Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential and voluntary program designed for employees, spouses and dependent family members who want to seek help for personal issues without worrying that someone at work will “find out” about their problem.
Supporting employees helps your business succeed
WellSpan EAP is a confidential resource that helps employers and employees resolve a variety of challenging workplace issues, including many that don’t qualify for coverage under traditional medical plans.
- We provide resources for employees, supervisors and Human Resources staff to address issues that impact productivity, morale and overall work performance.
- Effective EAPs are shown to result in a $5 - $16 return on investment for every $1 spent through reduced absences, increased productivity and reduction of health benefits used.
- From confidential counseling services for employees and dependents to online training and work/life services, our EAP can provide the support your employees need.
- In the event of a traumatic event like an injury or death, our EAP responders are available 24/7 to provide on-site assistance.
- Our experience in critical-incident response can provide a wealth of insights and guidance to leadership staff on organizational recovery from even the most challenging workplace situations.
- We offer training programs to support employee health, performance and wellness.
Confidential Counseling Services
Employee and their dependent family members are entitled To receive an allotted number of one hour, confidential counseling sessions. Timely appointments are assured through an expansive Local and national network of providers.
Crisis Response Services
WellSpan EAP responders are available 24/7 to provide on-site assistance to the companies we contract with, following a traumatic event such as an accident, injury, or death. We connect employees with additional resources when needed.
On-site Training and Staff Development
Workshops regarding common issues facing today’s workforce areprovided in a variety of formats, and are tailored to meet the needs of your organization. Topics include stress management, harassment,diversity, substance abuse, team building, supervisory skills, etc.
Our team is available to discuss a variety of challenging employee issues and make recommendations. With strong human resource and wellness backgrounds, we are available to assist with issues such as: conflict resolution, policy development, addressing mental health issues in the workplace, and supervisory skills development.
This tool is available to help supervisors and Human Resources staff address challenging employee issues that impact productivity, morale, and overall work performance.
On-line videos make training easy, fast and convenient. Reporting capabilities allow you to track employee participation and completion. Topics include harassment, diversity, workplace violence, suicide prevention, etc.
We believe that everyone has a story to tell. The story we wish to live and write is equally influenced by our health, both mind and body. At WellSpan we promote the belief that emotional well-being is as important as physical well-being and that they are interconnected, as are the lives we live at work and at home. This message of hope is at the core of what we do here at EAP—“You are not alone and to reach out for help is a sign of strength, not weakness.”
We want you, your employees and their family members to know that we all have moments when we face life’s challenges and that it is not only okay to reach out for support, but to do so will offer opportunities for better health, personal growth and improved performance (and satisfaction) with our daily work. By doing so, everyone has the chance to fully achieve the life they wish to live, the story they wish write.