Well-being is more than just staying well
Employees are your most valuable resource. Creating and maintaining a workplace culture that supports personal wellness goals leads to enhanced engagement and productivity, healthier employees, lower health- related costs and reduced employee turnover. Offering wellness services also adds value to your employee compensation package and provides a competitive advantage to your business.
WellSpan Wellness Services offers a comprehensive approach to improving employee health and well-being. We provide strategic guidance to design a comprehensive employee wellness program that demonstrates results and supports your organizational culture by making recommendations that benefit your employees and fit within your financial resources.
Focusing on the positive
WellSpan Wellness Services can help your employees make positive behavior changes that will improve their health and could reduce their risks of chronic disease. Our comprehensive program offers multiple options that are designed to meet the needs of our customers. We are committed to providing customized services based on the needs, values, interests and health risks specific to the company. WellSpan Wellness Services offers onsite programs and services in coordination with WellSpan Health.
Core Components: Overall Program Development/Implementation
- Program management
- Health promotion strategic planning
- ROI and Value on Investment reporting
- Communication and marketing coordination
Enhanced: Focus on Population Health-Risk Assessments/Lifestyle Management
- Biometric Screenings
- Personalized confidential health assessment and review
- Tailored lifestyle coaching, in person and by telephone
- Comprehensive web portal that offers tools, trackers, resources and self-paced education modules and challenges
- Preventative care campaigns
- Onsite education and training
- Monthly newsletter
The high cost of poor workplace health
- Four of the 10 most expensive health conditions for U.S. employers — high blood pressure, heart attack, diabetes and chest pain — are related to heart disease and stroke.
- Work-related stress is the leading workplace health problem and a major occupational health risk, ranking above physical inactivity and obesity.
- Productivity losses linked to employees who miss work cost employers $225.8 billion, or $1,685 per employee, each year.
- Full-time workers who are overweight or obese and have other chronic health problems miss about 450 million more days of work each year than healthy workers. The result is an estimated cost of more than $153 billion in lost productivity each year.
- A 1 percent reduction in excess weight and high blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol levels can save $83 to $103 in annual medical costs per person.
(National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion 2015)
Wellness benefits your business
Here are some of the benefits WellSpan Wellness Services offers your business:
- Cost-effective investment in overall employee health and wellness
- Experienced leader in coordinating all aspects of your wellness program
- Value on investment reporting
- Reduced health care costs